Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summit Just LOVES to Piss Us Off!


Just got the word from our "sisters" on the Twiblogverse that there has been further development in the Rachelle replacement. This is a statement made earlier today by Rachelle Lefevre to Access Hollywood

“I was stunned by Summit’s decision to recast the role of Victoria for Eclipse. I was fully committed to the Twilight saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria. I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules.

“My commitment to Barney’s Version (This is the "other" project I was talking about) is only ten days. Summit picked up my option for Eclipse. Although the production schedule for Eclipse is over three months long, Summit said they had a conflict during those ten days and would not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for Eclipse, never did I fathom I would lose the role over a 10-day overlap. I was happy with my contract with Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose simply to recast the part.

“I am greatly saddened that I will not get to complete my portrayal of Victoria for the Twilight audience. This is a story, a theatrical journey and a character that I truly love and about which I am very passionate. I will be forever grateful to the fan support and loyalty I’ve received since being cast for this role, and I am hurt deeply by Summit’s surprising decision to move on without me. I wish the cast and crew of Eclipse only the very best.”

Ok Summit! What the FUCK! First you make David Slade the new director and while I love his work on Hard Candy I have NOT been happy about their decision in making him the Eclipse director in the first place. Then you threaten to replace Taylor Lautner for New Moon and the boy has to kill himself with dedication so he can secure his role! NOW THIS! I am not the only one extremely pissed by this further development. Check out The Ramblings of A Perpetual Fangirl, We Bite Pretty Hard, Confessions Of A Twicrack Addict, and Peace,Love, Twilight for other rants, raves, and pissed offed fans!

The Twilight Lexicon has also posted on how to write to Summit and express your concerns about this situation. You can find that HERE!

I don't know if Rachelle Lefevre knows about all of our little blogs but on behalf of not just Aimee and myself but all Twifans EVERYWHERE we just want Rachelle to know that we LOVE her as Victoria and it is killing us that Summit has done this!


1 comment:

  1. Man! did you see twitter last night!!! Twitter had to actually take down the trending topics related to rachelle or summit for some strange and mysterious reason...all of us twi-fans were preeetty upset...we were taking over twitter! lol :)
    summit is making a HUGE mistake, and if they dont put rachelle back they better not be surprised when eclipse comes around and they have fans that are HIGHLY dissapointed and upset...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog designed by Twispired Blogdesign using Catherine's Pêle Mêle, Memory Keeper : Black and Cream Variation